Saturday, January 31, 2009

MEMORIES

Tonite, my husband & I stopped by our daughters to visit awhile. Naturally she had her kids, dog, husband doing dishes, 2 friends of her children, and babysitting her little "Baby Drew" Pizza arrived - everyone was talking, Baby Drew bouncing up and down, dishes being washed. We all were looking over photos of our granddaughter, Stacey, who will be graduating this year from high school. When we left, kisses were given, hugs too. As we drove home, I realized this time next year, things will change. Stacey will probably be at college, her friend Kelsey will be gone too. So the laughter will die a little. But tonite - a memory was made. We will look back on those nights & I think - How lucky can one family be? Good health we have , not much wealth but we are warm, fed and happy. Laughter outweighs arguments. So tonite my saying is:

"Good memories are like charms - you collect them one by one, until one day you look back & discover they have made a very long colorful bracelet"

Tonite - my bracelet got a little longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment