Saturday, February 7, 2009

THERE ARE SOME THINGS THAT PEOPLE CANNOT DO

I think it is amazing what prayer can do. I have a very close friend at work, Porscha. We became close probably about 3 years ago. She moved on our team & I was lucky she sat right behind me. For some reason, her & I just click. Now in Porscha's words - I am a middle aged white woman & she is a young black woman. But we have found a friendship. We talk about all types of subjects. I admire her because what I say she never repeats. She is who she is. Anyway - a few months ago we both were offered promotions to a new department. We knew there was a chance we would not sit together. During training we were told we would be on different teams. We both were disappointed. I was driving to work one morning - saying my morning prayers - when I just mentioned to God - could you please put her close to me - I told him how Porscha kinda covers for me when my memory just doesnt work. I didnt want us to drift apart. That very next day - the announcement was made for our positions and she is RIGHT BEHIND ME again. Now for my quote:

Jesus looked at them and said "There are some things that people cannot do, but God can do anything" Mark 10:27

I can understand praising God. He looks at each prayer. He pays attention. He is not just up in heaven driving around in a Mercedes - talking on a cell phone to some angel - planning the feast for the evening. HE PAYS ATTENTION!!!! I can see him now - stopping the celebration in Heaven - Wait a minute - Brenda is asking for something - stop - I need to help her. What a moment. I just want to say that on this Saturday morning - I have been up since about 630 - I just want to praise him for what he does for me. For listening to me - when I pray about my grandson Dylan - or my daughter Shawna - he has never let me down. Why??? because God can do anything - even move a young black girl to sit by a middle age white woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment